Monday, May 30, 2005

Kids, and other evil thoughts

The kids here (god bless them, most of them actually like us until they hit about 14) love anything with American writing on it. I saw a little boy the other day wearing (and I am not making this up) a "Southern by birth, Redneck by the grace of god" shirt with the confederate flag on it. I saw another boy wearing a pink 3/4 sleeve Barbie shirt. (Yeah, gender roles/Sexist/whatever). Well, if anyone out there can get kids sized "Pork: the other white meat" shirts, send them my way. I'll get pictures!
No matter how corny the slogan, the kids love anything we give them. I don't know if its hearts an minds, or just human decency, but I really like the kids here-we talk to them, play with them, give them candy and stickers, and they usually start the "Mistah Mistah! give me ....." after they realize that we are not there to arrest daddy or shoot anyone. Lack of kids in town is a bad thing, as is kids that don't smile and wave. Usually it means their parents are being intimidated.
Chuck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hilarious. you need some pics of that