Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Are you kidding me?

Excerpt from this story:

The burial site - a series of deep trenches that held about 2,500 bodies, many of them women and children - is one of many mass graves that dot the country…

…the scrape marks from the blade of the bulldozer that shoved victims into the trench, the point-blank shots to the backs of even the babies' heads, the withered body of a 3- or 4-year-old boy, still clutching a red and white ball…

…the United Nations and most European countries have refused to help, partly out of opposition to the death penalty. Human-rights advocates have questioned whether the tribunal's standards for finding guilt will be high enough to justly link Mr. Hussein to the killings.

Didn’t we execute a bunch of Nazis in Europe for killing a bunch of Jews about 50 years ago? There was never an official order signed by Adolph himself, but does anyone doubt that he was overall responsible for the holocaust? Was I dreaming or doesn’t the UN Point fingers at our President for the crimes of soldiers in Abu Gharib, and Guantanimo bay?

If anyone believes that something of this magnitude could have happened under the old regime without Uncle Saddam’s explicit approval, I would have to question their sanity and ability to reason. Why isn’t the UN calling for his head to be displayed on a pole?

The UN Charter has 30 Articles that address the rights of all human beings. Why does the UN not champion the rights of the ~2500 human beings who were executed in masse? Why do they instead seek to ensure that Uncle Satan get as fair trial, with a presumption of innocence? Why do we seek to uphold his dignity and human rights? He is untermensch.

Human rights advocates want to make sure the trial is on the up-and-up. They want to make sure the glove fits. They want to make sure that Satan himself gets his day in court. (I strongly believe that human rights advocates would request that God recuse himself from judgment as failing to be impartial.) These people didn’t get their day in court. Neither did over a hundred thousand people who they have found in these mass graves.

To put it into perspective, Charles Manson never killed anybody. He ordered it, and aside from the fact that he is nuttier than a fruitcake, he will never see the light of day. That is not good enough for him, and definitely not for Saddam. The only thing standing between “the people” and people like Saddam, is people like me. I may be a Neanderthal, I may be uncouth, or even uncivilized. However, I can think for myself. I realize that laws that govern nations are meant to apply to all persons. But the people who write constitutions don’t mention what to do about despots and tyrants. They believe that their constitutions eliminate the possibility. (Of course, the UN, for all its nuances, couldn’t stop Pol Pot, Uncle Ho, Stalin, Anybody in Africa, Chaucescu, Slobodan, etc.

So here is what I suggest. I will execute him. Murder him in cold blood. Bullet to the head, hangman’s noose, electric chair, whatever the masses (the iraqi people) decide. Popular vote, two part question: Should Chuck kill him off, and how? (Multiple choice with write in option) I will not lose any sleep over it. I will accept no remuneration or payment in kind, other than my monthly Army pay. I would be honored. Since it is apparently painless and humane (for the bunch that must have it that way,) I would even submit to strapping him down to a hospital bed and letting him starve/dehydrate to death.

Not that anyone’ll take me up on the offer, but I just wanted to put it out there.

--Chuck

No comments: