Friday, June 03, 2005

Remember folks,

If you post a comment anonymously, and ask me a question, there’s no way I can answer you except in an open forum. If you don’t wanna register, then ask me by e-mailing me (the link’s on the left) or post your email address in the comments.

Since I don’t wanna leave you hanging, here’s some answers…
(in no particular order)

Rick-Thanks for the offer but I don’t wanna stick a cotter pin back in the grenade—not a time to try non-manufacturer parts

Work Camps for illegals (and other criminals)
My Grandmother told me a lot of stories about growing up in the great depression. Works projects had folks going out and picking up deadfall from the forests—National or otherwise. The wood was cut (by the same laborers and used for firewood, which was either sold on the cheap or given away free. Other underbrush was cleared and hauled off (I don’t know what they did with it) Seems to me that would be a great help to stop the bazillion acre forest fires we have every summer, usually caused by all the really dry tinder under the trees.

Okay, people can own cannons, but not self propelled artillery. If you allow self propelled artillery, soon you have moms out fetching groceries in M1A1s and then bitching about the cost of diesel. Not to mention that drive-by shootings would get pretty messy.

C31G, C/3-7 IN

Charlie Rock!

Charlie, you are my rock and I will build my battalion around you. I went to NTC as a tank PL from 3-69 attached to Charlie 3-7 in 1998. CPT McFadyen was my commander then. Good to hear from you, fellow Raider!

Hell yes we use rollers. Works great for crushing IEDs and scaring the piss out of the locals. Hard to get to the fight because it makes the tank hard to turn (for the rest of ya’ll, the roller is used to set off or crush land mines, and weighs about 10 tons.) But I you have a nice long stretch of road you eed to clear, or something that really needs squished, put it on!

BrerRabbit

I don’t know if I could run in Fred Thompson’s state, from the few times I’ve read about him, (especially early on) he was a man of genuine integrity and honesty. Wait a minute, so am I. Fred would be a tough act to follow, and there’s always the "Jack Daniel’s isn’t bourbon" bet that has one me so many free drinks…

Zos

The citizens of the nation should have lots of say in how the country is run. We do that by voting, and from time to time, with the blood of patriots. I said that dissention is simply intellectual cowardice. In war, that’s all it is. Its way to easy for armchair generals to sit thousands of miles away and think about what you could have or should have done. Sometimes you don’t have a whole lot of time to sit and ponder the ifs. Sometimes you act, either by instinct or training. War is an Art and a Science. Good leaders balance the two. The plan is the science, with a sprinkling of the art. The execution of the fight is the Art, with a sprinkling of the science.

I don’t really care if you approve of the president or not. Once the election is over, stop carping about what he does day to day, drop your arguments about why the other guy should have won, and respect him. He’s Your President. Did I say that when the president was busy sodomizing interns with cigars? When he was letting the Taliban and Al Queda blow up our embassies and Warships? When He was impeached, did I still support him? When his shortsightedness cost the Military countless divisions lost through cutbacks? When he lied “Our troops will be home from Bosnia by Christmas 1995”?

You’re Damn Right I did. Until a sitting president is removed from office, I support him just like any other member of my chain of command. When My Boss tells me to do something that I personally think is dumb, I am obligated to get further guidance to understand his intent, but will execute the mission, regardless of how dumb I think it is. And I’ll never go before my men and say “Battalion wants us to… or the Commander wants us to…” I support my commander. “Listen up, this is what we are going to do.” It’s plain and simple, When in charge, take charge, when not in charge, follow.

Accept the fact that you alone cannot consider all the angles. You alone cannot possibly have all the information. You are not the one who makes the decisions, except in November. Other nations view us as weak when we constantly protest against our leaders. They would greatly fear a UNITED states, and 250 Million Americans who support each other.

Now I will tell you how to vote (Aside from free speech, it's my world). If your congressperson votes for any law that does not fall into the following categories, then they obviously don’t understand their role in the world. If they vote for EVEN ONE law that does not fit.

The Congress shall have Power To

lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Can someone point to the social security/healthcare/welfare clause in there?

(and don’t try the “General Welfare” crap from the preamble. The whole preamble is why the framers wrote the constitution, but the powers they’ve given them are the aforementioned powers.

So there.

There you have it folks. Answers to your questions.

Coming Soon:

Women in the Army

More dumb things I do (I do them every day)

Notes to self

Responsibility—What a concept

IA HQs Before/After/After

Take Care,

Chuck

P.S. Please don’t leave a comment as “Mom” The comments end up in my inbox and I’d really like to hear from my Mom, and I hate getting excited to find out that Mom isn’t My Mom.

No comments: