Sunday, June 26, 2005

Update as of 26 June

Hello to you all! I am at Walter Reed and have spent the last two days with my beloved husband. His mother, Alice, is here also. Chuck is doing okay, considering. He is on A LOT of pain meds, so conversations are rather interesting. I have told him about all of you "out there" who are praying for him and our family. Although he can't really express his feelings, he knows you all are out there and I know he will thank you personally when he is able. Alice and I thank all of you as well. From the bottom of our hearts...

I need to clarify what happened to Chuck, from what I understand. Somewhere out in "blog country," a story has been fabricated that Chuck actually picked up the IED. My husband is NOT an idiot and would NEVER do such a thing! So whoever started this story, you need to clarify on YOUR blog that HE DID NOT PICK UP THE IED!!!!!!

Chuck was on a foot patrol w/ one of his platoons. A civilian Iraqi informant was leading the patrol to the site of the IED. Well, this informant (ass hole) set the patrol up and the IED was remotely detonated. And my husband was hit!!! The blast blew him into the canal, and CPT Jason Spencer went into the canal and saved Chuck's life... he kept him above the water so he didn't drown. THAT is the story in a nut shell. I am sure Chuck will explain in full detail when he is able. He did NOT pick up the IED!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now... I needed to clarify.

I am really tired now and I need to try to get some sleep. Please continue praying for Chuck and our family. And don't forget his men. This has taken a toll on his men, as well as all of 2-34 AR BN. Pray for all of them, as well as all of the men and women who are sacrificing while deployed, and those who await their loved ones to come home. It's not about US, it is about those who sacrifice every day so the war is not in our back yard.

I promise I am not angry. This is the most intense thing I have ever been through in my life. But it is not about me either, and I never want it to be. It is about my husband Chuck, my Hero!

I will post again soon.

Take care, God Bless, and I thank you all for your love and support!

Carren

No comments: