Friday, June 24, 2005

Walter Reed, Her We Come!

Hello to all of Chuck's Guardian Angels! You are all amazing, and I thank you again for everything!

I got to talk to My Hero tonight!!! He was loopy as all get out, which made the conversation rather interesting. He was in good spirits, all things considered. We made small talk for a few minutes, then I told him I "hacked" into his blog and have kept you all informed. I told him he has hundreds of people making comments, and thousands of people praying for him around the world. When I told him that, he said, "That's why I survived." In short, he knows you are all out there and knows how much you care. For that, we are both truly grateful.

Chuck should be at Walter Reed Friday evening. I am HOPING to get there on Saturday, as well as his mother. When I told Chuck what "the plan" was (since I didn't know how much the docs/nurses told him), he said he didn't even know what day it was. I told him it was Thursday... he was injured on Tuesday... and Friday he will go to Walter Reed. His response: "Wow!" He doesn't remember much of anything since the injury, but he remembers a lot about what happened before, during, and right after the injury. He said he'll tell me more later, and I am sure he will blog about it too.

There is one man (other than God Himself) in particular who saved Chuck's life. CPT Jason Spencer, Chuck's XO. Chuck said to me, "Jason saved my life. Don't ever let me forget that." I don't know Jason on a very personal level, but he dove into the canal when Chuck was blown in from the explosion... I don't know the details of what Jason did when he was in the canal w/ Chuck, but whatever it was, Chuck remembers, and Jason is forever in our debt.

That's about all I have for now. I will update again tomorrow when I have some more final details. Our kids will be well taken care of while I am gone, thanks to my mother, my sister, and my many friends here. Please keep my mother in your prayers (her name is Cindy)... she has been gracious enough to take care of our kids in the short term... and our kids are a handful! Creighton does not understand why he can't go w/ me to see his Daddy... so please pray that he will understand the best way he can at the age of five. Our daughter Adelle (who knows "Daddy got hurt") is only two and doesn't really know what is going on. But two year olds can sense a lot, so please keep her in your prayers too.

May God Bless you all!!! I am truly blessed to know so many people are out there for Chuck and our family.

Until next time...
Carren/The Mrs.

No comments: