Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Extra Nutty Breakfast

You know, some mornings I wake up and wonder if I've been taking crazy pills. Especially after reading a comment like this: (emphasis added)

ONLY A COMMUNIST WOULD REMOVE THIS POST.

FIND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT
AMERICA'S SOLDIERS. MANY ARE PRACTICING SATANISTS, WICCANS, PAGANS, AND ATHEISTS. THEY RESEMBLE THE ARMY OF SATAN FAR MORE THAN THE ARMY OF GOD. THE TRUTH HURTS. http://antichristiantroops.blogspot.com.
IN JESUS' GLORIOUS AND HOLY NAME,
DEAN BERRY -- REAL AMERICAN
YEA

Yes, I realize that he's just putting this post in my comments so that people might see it and go visit his web site, and he can get a lot of traffic. But, just for kicks with pick them apart right here.

Let's start with the “Only a Communist would remove this post”... first things first: the First Amendment doesn't apply on my blog. The only person who gets to decide what goes or status is me. That's why it's my blog and not the people's blog. Just because it's out there doesn't mean that you get to put something on it and decide whether or not it stays.

To be quite honest with you I really didn't care what got my soldiers pray to... as long as it doesn't interfere with their job, and they can continue to work. And, if their newfound religion causes them to be incapable of working in the Army I expect them to get out.

Mr. Berry professes himself to be a “real American”. Then he also closes with “in Jesus’ glorious and holy name.”

Funny thing is that a “real American” is probably one who has read, understands and agrees with all (or at least most of) the amendments in the Constitution. At least that's what I would like to think. To split hairs, the definition of a ‘real American’ is one who was either born or naturalized to this country. That's it, all you have to do is be borne our soil for come here and go to the naturalization process and become a citizen then you are a ‘real American.’ I like the fact of the honors and glorifies God in his signature, but I think the Jesus wouldn't really approve of his lack of compassion, understanding, or his complete intolerance of other people and other faiths.

Dean Barry is a nut. And that's about all the time I am going to waste on him.

--Chuck

No comments: