Monday, November 28, 2005

Homeward Bound!!!

That's right, folks... tomorrow Chuck and I will finally be going home! Apparently the weather in KS has not been favorable for the last few days, so I am praying that we get home safely. We miss our kids sooooo much! We are looking forward to a great holiday season at home w/ the munchkins.

Chuck is doing really well. He had his follow-up w/ the surgeon this morning and all looks good. He still has stitches on his wrist and his abdomen, but he can get them removed (at home) in another week or so. His next surgery is scheduled for 11 January. This is when the docs will do the actual nerve graft. This SHOULD be his final surgery here at WR... then it will be a matter of time for him to heal (i.e. waiting for the nerves to grow).

After all we have endured this year, I have to say I am truly thankful for many things. That fact that Chuck survived is the biggest gift!!! But there are still so many other things we have to be grateful for.... the Grace of God, our children, parents, siblings, extended family, friends near and far... and, of course, for this new "Blog Family" we have now. Who knew that Chuck's babble (I mean wit and charm :) could attract so many people? It's been an absolutely amazing experience... So thank you all who have continued to read our saga as it unfolds, continued to support us through good and not-so-good, and continued to pray for and support the many other troops and families at home and abroad.

May God Bless you all and our Armed Forces!!!

Until next time,
Carren

p.s. Chuck will post again when we get home and he can use his voice software. I don't know how much you'll hear from me b/c I will be going back into "Mom mode" and probably "grad student mode." I will post when I can, but I know you all miss Chuck's posts!!!

No comments: