Friday, December 29, 2006

Preview of coming attractions

I've got a duesey of a "in my world/Emperor Chuck" post regarding taxes, political parties, voting, and pork-barrel politics. And am kicking around a commentary on the posts and commentary on some left leaning sites.

Carren has a great on on our meeting with Senator john mccain, should he decide to toss his hat in the presidential ring. (The teaser: not only does she not support him, he upset her more that any other visitor, including Nancy Pelosi and Jackass Murtha.)

Since I am visiting with family at Fort Bragg/Pope AFB, I won't be posting anything of really great length, but I have been reading blogs and commenting there. One thing I would like to point out: the proper use of Site, sight, and cite.

Site: as in web
site is defined the piece of land on which something is located. (Not necessarily land, per se, but it relates to a place or address.

Cite, on the other hand, is to
mention: make reference to. As in citing an author on a website.

Sight, on the other other hand, is
an instance of visual perception. Sight almost always refers to some aspect of vision. You can look for a site, but you see the sights of a city.

Weapons have sights, which are often aimed at the site where someone stands who fails to cite sources.

Not that I am the grammar/spelling/pronunciation fairy, but c'mon. I can't take a lot of people seriously who type as they speak and use 3rd grade spelling in their diction. (Yeah, I know you can't physically do that, but still.)

And no, I'm not referring to anyone here.

--Chuck

(And for those of you who didn't know, "Duesey" Comes from an ad campaign by Duesenberg Motor Co, about it's popular (but expensive) roadster. "
it's as beautiful as a Duesenberg roadster, it's special")

No comments: