Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More asshatery at WRAMC

From Dan, my secret lover... well, so much for that secret.


Damn.

--Chuck

I love living in this plane of reality. You just can’t make this stuff up:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/20/AR2007062000738.html?hpid=moreheadlines

An armed security guard at Walter Reed Army Medical Center unholstered his gun and began firing at another guard during an argument this morning, D.C. police said, shocking employees who were driving through the busy main entrance on Georgia Avenue NW.

No one appeared to have been injured during the dispute, which happened shortly after 8:30 a.m. The guard who did the shooting was taken into custody, said Cmdr. Hilton Burton of the Metropolitan Police Department's 4th District police station.

Burton said the guard fired between six and 10 shots from his service weapon, but the other guard -- who ran onto Georgia Avenue -- was not hit.

So, putting on my “Think Like Chuck Z Thinking Cap ®” (100% Ahmurkin Made Tin Foil--Chuck.) I will be the first to say “I don’t mind so much that this asshat decided to bust a cap or two at a co-worker (it happens to all of us at some point). What I find truly disturbing is that he fired six to ten times without hitting the guy. Who are we hiring here? At least if he had hit the guy, I’d feel like the gate had some chance of being defended. The shooting part I don’t have too much of a problem with. I say fire his sorry ass for missing.”

No comments: