Friday, June 01, 2007

RR2K7 part III

I am finalizing the plan for the trip. I've worked it out thusly:

11 Jun depart for points west. 1st stop: (648 miles and 11 Hours later) Mad City Wisconsin. Drinks with the gang and a sleepover at Sandi's.
Go Visit:- Angelic Brewing Company
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
(etter do that in reverse order, or I'll end up watering the botanicals...

12 Jun: Depart Mad City, off to Sioux Falls, South Dakota. 443 Miles, ~5 hours, and camping! (Unless someone knows someone here--I don't.)
Go Visit: - Sioux Falls
- Battleship South Dakota Memorial
- Great Plains Zoo and Delbridge Museum

13 Jun: Depart Sioux Falls, Drive 366 miles to Ellsworth AFB, Right outside of Keystone, SD, which is where I will see:- Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Jewel Cave National Monument
- Crazy Horse Memorial
And I will stay in the air force base's guest lodging

14 Jun: Finish sightseeing, drive 343 miles to Billings, MT (and surprise my in-laws if I don't get a response here saying they actually know I am coming).
Go Visit: Nothing. Spend a day with my nephews.

15 Jun: Off to Coeur d'Alene, ID. 508 miles of the most exciting driving on the trip... again, camping out/sleeping in the truck.
Go Visit: -The dead hydroplane racer's memorial
-Burger-Hoisting Paul Bunyan, at the Paul Bunyan Pak-Out hamburger stand

16 June: Arrive in beautiful Fort lewis, WA after driving 339 miles. Along this leg I hope to see--well, the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: