Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I made it.

I made it home. I left Tacoma on 16 AUG 08 at 0900. I arrived home on the 19th at 1500-ish.
2,618 miles total.


Day 1, Tacoma to Bozeman, Montana. (700 Miles) I slept in the car at a rest stop.

Day 2, Bozeman to Mitchell, South Dakota (785 Miles) Stayed at a KOA campground there. Nice, clean, friendly, and 50% off for Active duty!
Luckily, I have a GREAT Lightsaber Bivy that I got for Christmas. Within 5 minutes of parking, the tent was up, I was in the shower, and dinner was heating up. Got a solid night's sleep here.

Day 3, Mitchell, (Home of the Corn Palace) to Berlin, Ohio (Home of Not a whole helluva lot) (1004 Miles)

Made a pit-stop in Minnesota (Oh ya, youbetcha) to receive a love note from a state trooper (only gave me a warning to slow down), and explained that I-90 doesn't mean "I can go 90." Made a second pit stop an hour later to replace the catalytic converter on Carren's car. $605 later, I was finally on my way. I started driving at about 8 AM on day 3, stopped driving at about 5:30 AM.

Day 4, Berlin, Ohio to Home (roughly 300 miles.)
The best part is that Carren was expecting me to leave Tacoma today.

Okay, the best part is "Naked Time." But you aren't going to read about that here. Mind your own beeswax, thankyouverymuch.

--Chuck

No comments: