Saturday, November 01, 2008

When Chuck's Away...

...the monkey will play.

I know things are a little exasperating right now.

One day the pollsters say it's going to be a landslide for redacted Obama, then it's within the margin of error again.

You tell people you like your candidate's platform better than the other's and you're called a racist, a hater, or best of all, a racist-hater.

You try to tell people that you like a candidate's VP choice and you're told that she's an idiot by someone who based their conclusion on Tina Fey's impersonations on SNL.

In hushed tones in dark corners, your friends tell you they agree but they sprint off when someone comes around the corner.

Here's your chance to show your pride. To vote (well, nominate) without people making sweeping judgments about your character.

The 2008 Weblog Awards

Nominations begin on Monday November 3, 2008. Proposed categories are here.

I'm going to see if I can verify Chuck's Technorati and TTBL Ecosystem rankings. (I'm wondering if I've got old code for the Ecosystem because it looks like Chuck may have been promoted from Maurading Marsupial to Large Mammal, but I'll let you know...)

I'll campaign post updates as I find them until either the winners have been announced or Chuck takes away my access.

No comments: