Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Re: Bad day, the adventure continues

Damn, from the picture it looked a lot worse.

Hang in there.

Odd, not really related story: http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/23/i-went-to-afghanistan-and-all-i-got-was-h1n1/   (Except he doesn't look as bad as you do, illness wise)

Gupta had some great reports on medevac, other medical stuff from A'stan.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:05 PM
Subject: Shitty day, the adventure continues

So....

It wasn't a heart attack, they think. Chest pain on scale of 1-10: 8.

My 10 includes being on fire, losing a nut, breaking bones, collapsing a lung, all at the same time.

So there keeping me in the icu overnight, separated by a curtain from an octogenarian with a bedpan and the screaming shits. The smell reminds me of an iraqi donkey farm.

So far, I've been given two shots of morphine, two shots dilaudid, one of fentanyl, and my idjit doctor just gave me vicodin tablets... Whuch should help in an hour or so, if I don't kill someone first.

The person next to me just shat the bed. Nothing like trying to eat supper next to a cess pool.

Again, aside from the little things, I'm okay.

No comments: