Monday, September 28, 2009

When LIfe hands you lemons, stick them in your bra.

Sometimes, you just have to laugh when life kicks you in the junk.

Today, I had a doctors' appointment. Seems they were all weirded out by the chest pain thing and wanted to be sure I was okay, because their job is to worry.

MY job, lately, is to let people attach sticky things to the hairiest parts of my body (and not in the good way) and then hook electrodes up to them (again, not in the good way.)

So I'm laying on the table (the one with the paper roll for "sanitation") and feeling like a piece of take out chicken, when I hear over the intercom "Would the person with the honda pickup with Pennsylvania plates please call the front desk."

"Hey! That's my car!" I tell the nurse, who has just finished sticking things on me.

So the nurse calls the desk, then tells them it's my car, and I'm fixin' to have an EKG, and asks what the message is.

Apparently, someone had just backed into my truck.

The really funny thing is that the EKG wasn't screwed up by my heart going all bugnutty over the truck, it was screwed up because I was laughing so hard at the ridiculousness of the situation. Seriously? Is there anything else you could possibly tell someone about to get an EKG that would be less funny?

I know it's funny folks, but this is my life.

--Chuck

No comments: