Monday, October 05, 2009

Self Flagellating

If you can read this, you've no doubt noticed that you now have to click through an "Adult Content" warning.

This is no mistake.  I did this.

My website, my rules.  And the first rule, the inviolate rule, is that people coming here MUST acknowledge that this site may contain mature "adult" language and concepts.

As a rule, I will no longer use profane or otherwise inflammatory  or incendiary remarks
to make my point or arguments.  If you want that, the daily kos has more than its fair share.  I can, and will do a better job in the future of representing (unofficially, naturally) the uniform that I wear and all those who wear it.  I can do better.  I have done better.  More importantly, my brothers deserve better.

Furthermore, if this is the place where you come to read about my take on politics or politicians, you're in the wrong place.  It is not a topic I can write about and still represent a professional officer.  It is simply not my place to comment on the actions of my superiors, their policies, and their decisions.  I don't think I would look favorably on a subordinate doing that to me in a public forum, I know it doesn't cast my service in a favorable light.  There may be polite and professional ways to do so, but I can't think of any that wouldn't put myy reputation, or the reputations of all who serve, at risk, so I'm not going to do it.

Occasionally, I will publish something written by someone else.  If I do, I will not edit what they have written.  I think it would do a disservice to them, as it may appear that I am plagiarizing their works, or worse, that others may confuse their errors as mine.  Any text quoted will appear as a block-quote (Turabian citation style be damned) and look like this:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec metus nisi. Proin non placerat turpis. Cras orci nulla, mollis in convallis at, molestie id nisl. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Cras iaculis, dolor sit amet lobortis vulputate, ante turpis feugiat lectus, sed tempus ligula velit id tellus. Vestibulum et est et diam iaculis tincidunt. Sed mollis placerat sem eget rutrum. Fusce dapibus, sem tempor rutrum blandit, metus eros tempus leo, a consectetur augue ipsum sed sapien. Fusce eget nisi quam, id hendrerit purus."
So enjoy.  Next up will be a T-shirt that says "I visit adult web sites every day and so should you!"

Speaking of being taken out of context...

--Chuck

No comments: