Thursday, November 26, 2009

Please pass the toast, jelly beans, and popcorn.

In the year 1621, the Pilgrims held their first Thanksgiving feast. They invited the great Indian chief Massasoit, who brought ninety of his brave Indians and a great abundance of food. Governor William Bradford and Captain Miles Standish were honored guests. Elder William Brewster, who was a minister, said a prayer that went something like this: 'We thank God for our homes and our food and our safety in a new land. We thank God for the opportunity to create a new world for freedom and justice." 


Please pass the toast, jelly beans, and popcorn.


--Chuck


Things I am thankful for (in no particular order, and not all-inclusive, but still.)


  1. My wife who, even after all these years, loves me each day like it was our first (despite growing evidence for her to stop.)
  2. My two amazing and wonderful kids who are healthy and happy!
  3. My seven amazing nieces and nephews who bring a smile to my face just by thinking about them!
  4. I have a shoes on my feet and can provide the same for my family.
  5. My dog thinks I'm the bee's knees.
  6. I have food, and enough to share.
  7. My wife is able to follow her dreams and her heart.
  8. My mom is alive.
  9. I live in America--it may not be perfect, but it is a better place to live than anywhere else.
  10. My children don’t take drugs.
  11. My sister, Adessa, is a self-made woman who has faced far more challenges than I have, and still laughs.
  12. I have a great code monkey, who fixes all m p>p element between row 1 and row 2
  13. I have friends I can look up to, and am proud to introduce my children to.
  14. I live in a town that is virtually crime free.  (It may have to do with the two federal prisons.)
  15. My scars have healed and my pain is (mostly) managed..
  16. There are people in my life who will always sacrifice for the benefit of others..
  17. The stuttering voice in my head has made friends with my inner child.
  18. My daughter's strong will plagues me now, but will someday lead her to greatness.
  19. My son is a much more intelligent and divergent thinker than I was at his age.
  20. I work with some fantastic people who all care deeply about this country.
  21. I have a very large extended family who blesses me each day with their emails, phone calls and comments to this blog. Thank you all for being part of my blessings!

No comments: