In the year 1621, the Pilgrims held their first Thanksgiving feast. They invited the great Indian chief Massasoit, who brought ninety of his brave Indians and a great abundance of food. Governor William Bradford and Captain Miles Standish were honored guests. Elder William Brewster, who was a minister, said a prayer that went something like this: 'We thank God for our homes and our food and our safety in a new land. We thank God for the opportunity to create a new world for freedom and justice."
Please pass the toast, jelly beans, and popcorn.
Things I am thankful for (in no particular order, and not all-inclusive, but still.)
- My wife who, even after all these years, loves me each day like it was our first (despite growing evidence for her to stop.)
- My two amazing and wonderful kids who are healthy and happy!
- My seven amazing nieces and nephews who bring a smile to my face just by thinking about them!
- I have a shoes on my feet and can provide the same for my family.
- My dog thinks I'm the bee's knees.
- I have food, and enough to share.
- My wife is able to follow her dreams and her heart.
- My mom is alive.
- I live in America--it may not be perfect, but it is a better place to live than anywhere else.
- My children don’t take drugs.
- My sister, Adessa, is a self-made woman who has faced far more challenges than I have, and still laughs.
- I have a great code monkey, who fixes all m p>
pelement between row 1 and row 2
- I have friends I can look up to, and am proud to introduce my children to.
- I live in a town that is virtually crime free. (It may have to do with the two federal prisons.)
- My scars have healed and my pain is (mostly) managed..
- There are people in my life who will always sacrifice for the benefit of others..
- The stuttering voice in my head has made friends with my inner child.
- My daughter's strong will plagues me now, but will someday lead her to greatness.
- My son is a much more intelligent and divergent thinker than I was at his age.
- I work with some fantastic people who all care deeply about this country.
- I have a very large extended family who blesses me each day with their emails, phone calls and comments to this blog. Thank you all for being part of my blessings!