Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter

I love this picture--it says everything about the commercialization of Easter.


Jesus walks over to a crowd that is about to stone a prostitute, and he stops the crowd and says to them all “let he who is without sin, cast the first stone” at that a woman in the back tosses a stone.  Jesus looks over the crowd at the woman then yells "Mom, SOMETIMES YOU REALLY PISS ME OFF.”

What did Jesus said unto his 12 apostles as he was being nailed to the cross? "Don’t touch my Easter eggs. I’ll be back on Monday!"


Everyone thinks Easter is about the sacrifice.  Not. Even. Close.  It's about rebirth, acceptance of what is, and what we want it to be.

After all, I've proven that rising from the dead isn't that hard.  (Assuming you have a dedicated medical team.  Doing it in 33 AD, well, that is pretty good.)

And personally, I think Jebus has one hell of a twisted sense of humor.  Just look at my life.

Finally, for my Atheist readers, I give you this:















Happy Ishtar

No comments: