Saturday, September 25, 2010

Many ways to help

Okay, let's get something straight: I can't stand mike yon. He's an arrogant, pompous ass.

However, he has a new book out, and is donating $5 of every book sold to Soldiers Angels. This has the potential to provide up to $50,000 to us in a time when donations are very scarce. The lack of donations has something to do with the economy, but I'm sure that once healthcare is universal, the porkulus takes full effect, the Bush tax cuts disappear and unemployment stops climbing, we'll all have so much money left that it will be easy to donate.


Anyway, if you are in need of something to level your coffee table, and want to also donate $5 to a great cause (Soldier's Angels, not mike yon's ego) go ahead and purchase this book.

http://soldiersangels.org/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=664&cntnt01returnid=15


Or, if you don't want to spend $50 on something just to give SA $5, there are much easier ways to donate that $5: Just Text "Soldiers" to 20222 to Donate $5.


Yep, it's that easy. Five digits on your phone to give five bucks (fully tax deductible) to a GREAT cause. (You can also donate the full $50 cost of the book.) Or, if you are a federal employee, (including the military) you can elect to donate through the combined federal campaign (CFC). Soldiers' Angels CFC number is #25131. It's what I do, and since the money comes out before I ever see it, I don't miss it, and I can still claim it on my taxes.

Come to think of it, I am going to double my donation amount this year through CFC.

For those of you not "lucky" enough to work for the gummint, there are dozens of ways you can donate (many of which will surprise you.)  You can see them all here:  http://soldiersangels.org/donate.html

Also, all proceeds from my cafepress store, ad revenue (seriously, just click the links at the top left of the blog, I get paid if you visit, and also if you buy) go to soldier's angels.  As do 20% of sales of select Ranger Up! shirts.  And all proceeds from the fantastic book, Blogs of War:  Front-Line dispatches from Soldiers (not Photographer wanna-be's) in Iraq and Afghanistan.  This book features the writings of many of the early great milbloggers, and me too! By Matt Burden (aka Blackfive.) Also available for the kindle.


And what does your money do?
It helps people like this:

--Chuck

No comments: