Thursday, October 28, 2010

There's some foreshadowing for you

On June 27, 2005, Mrs. Greyhawk of The Mudville Gazette wrote a post about visiting Chuck in LMRC after being wounded.
How did he look?, you may wonder. He was in good spirits. He has a black eye. His face is scraped pretty good, but nothing a bag over the head couldn't cure, I told him in jest. He had some difficulty in hearing me, which I hope isn't permanent. He said he will need some skin graft on his legs and probably more work on his left arm. Both arms were in a cast up to his shoulders. His thumb is still up in the air (no pun intended). It looked pink to me so I know that's a good sign, but time will tell and I'm sure Chuck will when he's able to blog again. I told him a pencil between the teeth might work but He said he wasn't sure what to blog about now. I asked, "how about the healing process?" There are many that would like to know your progress. I got the feeling that, as much as he wanted to go home to his family, he was somewhat wanting to be back with his men. But if any of you have read his blog that should not suprise you.
It's like she knew what was going to happen.  She's a smart woman, that Mrs. G. (Even if she is heading the Valour-IT Air Force team.)

You don't have to be a blogger to spread the word about Valour-IT TEAM ARMY.  If you click the big green button below, you can find ways to get the word out via email, Facebook, Twitter, and a whole slew of other ways.  Click "Share this fundraiser" in the right-hand column. There are also more than a few ways to give.   (Credit where credit's due:  GiveZooks! is a pretty amazing web site.  I'm glad they're around to help us out, and I hope they're around for a long time to come.)


learn more


~~Code Monkey

No comments: