Friday, November 04, 2011

Trick or Tr-Eid

Eid is a muslim holiday (or excuse for the 99% of the population here to somehow be less productive.)

Eid celebrates Mohammed's (SBUH) bastardization of the story of Abraham (Ibrahim) when he was told by God to sacrifice his son Isaac.

In the Old Testament,   Abraham was commanded by God to offer his son up as a sacrifice in the land of Moriah.  Just as Abraham was about to sacrifice his son, he was prevented by an angel, and given on that spot a ram which he sacrificed in place of his son.

In the islamic plagiarization, Ibrahim is commanded by Allah to kill his son, (and I think this is the critical difference) and Ibrahim blindfolded himself, because he could not watch himself kill his son. Allah pretended he was Chris Angel, and when Ibrahim removed the blindfold, his son had been replaced by a sheep.
 
This story does, (in my opinion) show a very intersting facet of the Muslim mind--I will do horrible things that god commands of me, but I will not recognize that I do them (i.e. take ownership of my actions) and Allah will make everything okay in the end.  In the Judeo-Christian story, Abraham still does as God commands, but sans blindfold--he is accepting responsibility for his actions--for his choice to follow the will of God.  God's angel stays his hand, and provides a nearby ram for slaughter. 
 
Therein lies one of the biggest problems--My actions are guided by Allah, I have no control and will not take responsibility, and Allah will make it all okay.
 
There is no personal responsibility, there is no accountability, there is no free will.  (Islam, after all, means "Submission.")
 
Muslims are slaves to a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

--Chuck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy you're a hot ticket aren't you. Anyway thanks for fighting in the army. Hope my sport post didn't ruin your day. Watch out for flying spaghetti monsters lol