Saturday, June 11, 2005

Double Whammy

The Brigade Commander stopped by with a couple of reporters today. A Man and a Woman. I'll reserve my comments on their appearance because I don't have anything nice to say about them.
I may get stuck with them sometime in the next week. I really don't mind getting embeds for roll around with, I always try to get them to where they can see the real army, and tell our story.
But not these two.
The first strike: They're French. I'd rather cart around lepers.
The second strike: They work for the French edition of Newsweek.

Are you shitting me?

I don't know if I will get them assigned to me, but I have a plan. You see, our trucks have air conditioning. It's a must because the added armor and the turbocharger just dumps heat into the cabin. The A/C manages to keep it bearable, down to about 85 degrees. Without it, the temps are much like sitting in your car in the summer with the windows up and the heater on. It will very quicky get to 140 and stay there.

So If I get these two, the AC on my truck will have to "malfunction". Me and te boys on my truck can stand say, four hours (from 10am to 2pm) boiling in our own juices. Just gotta drink a LOT of water. And every time they get out of the truck, the AC can mysteriously start working again, so that my crew can cool off.
I know, it's petty. But you gotta do something to break up the monotony.

So if you read a story about equipment failures causing soldiers to suffer, and it comes from Newsweek, you'll know why.

Chuck

No comments: