Monday, October 31, 2005

A Better Day...

Sunday was not such a great day for Chuck. They put a nerve block in his shoulder to help numb his arm and relieve some of his pain. It was a challenging day w/ pain management yesterday and he was quite uncomfortable most of the day. BUT....

Today, Monday, was much better. Still some pain issues, but not near as bad as yesterday. He was even joking w/ the nurses and being silly while we rearranged his room (twice). I'd like to see Martha Stewart rearrange a hospital room w/ limited mobility to move "piece A" so you can get "piece B" where it needs to go. There are about 5 things in his room that all have to be shuffled (and they aren't exactly small enough to lift) when he wants to rearrange. Not to mention cords all over the place that have somewhat limited length. I somehow managed to get myself stuck in the corner behind a chair while I was trying to move cords so we could move his 5000 lb bed! Okay, the bed doesn't weigh that much, but the fact that it has wheels doesn't help much when you have so many cords in the way. Of course I escaped the mass of stuff, but Chuck thought it was pretty funny when I started yelling at the cords to "MOVE," like I do when our cats get in my way at home. The cords listened about as well as the cats... ha ha

I guess I am rambling, but that's what this thing is for, right?

Alice took the kids trick-or-treating and then took them to Creighton's school for games and fun. Alice said the kids had a blast (and the kids were munching on candy when I talked to them). Glad I didn't have to try to put them to bed tonight :) Creighton was Batman and Adelle was a "50's Girl." I can't wait to see the pictures!

I gotta get back to the Steeler game.... halftime is over. They are playing the Ravens and it's tied 10-10. Been a close game... gotta make sure I am watching when the Steelers WIN!!!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and continued prayers. We are going to see if we can get Chuck some internet access in his room so he can post, but it may be a while, or it may never happen. Until then, you're stuck w/ me!!!

Take care, God Bless you all and our Armed Forces!

Until next time,
Carren

No comments: