Monday, November 21, 2005

Surgery this afternoon

Well, Chuck is currently sleeping like a baby in his hospital room... he is to go down for surgery around noon. I talked to him earlier this morning on the phone and he was in good spirits. By the time I got to his room he was sound asleep, so I figured I would walk the the beautiful halls of Ward 57 and get on the computer (okay, so the walls aren't so beautiful and they are closing in on me... I'm in denial! ha ha).

I will update the blog later today after Chuck's surgery. I'm sure everything will go well, his surgeon is really awesome. And, despite the timing of the surgery, Chuck COULD be discharged as early as Tuesday. BUT.... we have to stick around until next Monday for a follow-up before we can go home. At least, that is what we last heard.... subject to change w/o notification, as always w/ the Army! As for Turkey Day, we are planning to go to a friend's house that day (Thanks Kevin and Becki), so we will not be forlorn in the hospital or Mologne House on Thanksgiving. Of course we'd rather be at home w/ the kids, but I know they are going to have a big day w/ Alice and other families on our street... they'll probably eat and play and pass out!

One final note for now... I have a prayer request for my dad. I know you all pray for so many all the time, but this is definitely another one I would like you all to add. My dad's name is Scott. He is having some health issues that still have not been "all figured out." He is not hospitalized or anything, but really could use some prayers. My siblings and I worry about him and he is so stubborn about his health that I am afraid he won't get the proper care or tests done soon. My step-mother is doing her best to get him to the doctors and such, but he is really stubborn! I don't want to go into details in order to protect his privacy, but I just ask that you add one more name to your list, if you would be so kind.

I'll post more later...

God Bless you all and our Armed Forces!

Until next time,
Carren

No comments: