Monday, August 28, 2006

Attention all blog readers with big hearts... YES, that means YOU!!!

This is Carren writing to ask you all to pray for (and assist in any way) a family in need. This is not some chain letter you get in your e-mail about a family you don't know asking to help them. This is a post from me, personally asking all of you, to pray for and/or assist a fellow IUP ROTC Alumnus (i.e. a friend Chuck and I went to college with).

Stephanie and her family lost everything they own when their house burned down on 23 August. She is married and has two young sons (ages 5 years and 9 months). Fortunately, all four family members made it safely out of the house. My friend Keri called me today to ask for any help I could offer (Keri and Stephanie were roommates in college).

According to an e-mail that Keri forwarded to me, Stephanie and her family have been living in a hotel room since that day. They are hoping to move into a two bedroom house tomorrow and will live there until their new house is built. They plan to build a house on the same property where their "old house" stood. Stephanie wrote in her e-mail that her local community has been very supportive and generous to her family. But, as I mentioned, they lost everything they own.

First and foremost, I ask for your prayers for this family. I simply can not imagine the devastation and heartache this family is experiencing. If you can assist them in any way (i.e. clothes, toys, household supplies, money, etc.), please e-mail me personally at ceziegenfuss-at-gmail-dot-com and I will e-mail you the address to send donations (don't worry, I won't keep a list of those who do and do not ask for the address :)

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post. Again, keep Stephanie and her family in your prayers... they have a long road ahead.

Take care and God Bless!
Carren

No comments: