Thursday, October 20, 2005

Looking for a tax write off?

It seems that Project Valour-IT continues to wonderful things. Here's a great read, one way that it has helped another wounded soldier. If all goes well, I'll be able to deliver three more complete systems (maybe more) to some of the other soldiers in the hospital while I am there. Hopefully, from now until the end of the war, there won't be any soldiers that need them.

Hope however, is not a method. So, like I've learned from the new movie Robots, which my kids seem to watch at least twice a day, “see a need, fill a need”. I know how much it means to the guys who are stuck lying on their backs, unable to use their hands to so much as scratch. Being fed, bathed, taken care of like an infant—not exactly a fitting role for a warrior who's used to being the one who helps others. It sure as hell wasn't a role that I wanted, although there were many people who came to see me who helped. I've never asked a stranger to scratch (and even pick (Thank you so much Lisa)) my nose. I doubt that I would now, but I was a lot more medicated (and a lot less able) then. At that time I had no use of either hand. I know how humbling it is, how humiliating it feels. And I know how much better I felt, how amazingly more functional I felt, after SoldiersAngels provided me with a laptop and a loyal reader provided me with the software. I can't wait to do the same, to give that feeling to another soldier at Walter Reed.

If you want help, go here: Project Valour-IT.

-- Chuck

No comments: