Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Evening post-surgery update

Chuck is doing pretty well. I got back to his room about 3:00 and he was actually already there! Usually I have to wait forever... Anyway, he was in some pain when I first got there, but it quickly subsided. His left arm is casted and he has a nerve block again. This time the nerve block was done RIGHT and he said he can't feel his arm at all... for now, this is a good thing. His left leg was bandaged from the knee down - they took a nerve from his left calf and he has an incision from his ankle to his knee. He said he only feels a little pain near his knee, which is also good. BUT... we shall see how he feels tomorrow once the high doses of pain killers wear off from surgery. I really hope he's not in a lot of pain. I made sure Chuck's PA knew EXACTLY what meds he was on while we were home so he doesn't have another "trip into outer space" like last time.

I guess that's about it for now. I am going to get to bed early tonight. I tried to nap earlier today, but it was more like falling asleep into many other worlds (i.e. really weird dreams!).

Thanks again for all the prayers. Hope you all are doing well. Take care and God Bless!

Until next time...
Carren

No comments: