Thursday, November 06, 2008

Best letter evah--

Hello Sir.
I read your "why I'm okay with Obama" post and felt prompted to ask your advice. I have been trying to decide whether or not to apply to Army OCS as a college ops candidate (no prior service). I am married with 2 small children, so despite the call I feel to serve, it's no easy decision. Leaving aside all of my family concerns, I'd like your opinion on how and to what extent the election results should weigh in my decision. I am deeply conservative, and the election certainly didn't come out to my liking; however, what's done is done, and I won't spend the next 4 to 8 years of my life whining about it. I want to make the best of the situation, and I dont wan't to give up on my Army plans. It seems to me that no matter what Obama does or if/how the budget gets cut, the Army will still need new junior officers and that I'd have no problem serving at least 6 years. Do you agree with that? It may be a silly question, but I can't help thinking of the 90s and all of the people who were forced out.
Thank you for your service and thanks for reading this,

No comments: